Friday, October 24, 2008

Ride your Bike!

Well, I decided last spring when my doctor got on to me about my weight to do something about it! My Dad died when he was 46 years old, so i never thought i would live to be real old. But looks like I might be here for longer than I figured so I better start taking better care of myself.

I thought it would be stupid to drive to work and back and then go for a bike ride when I got home for excersize. I then decided to start riding to work. 1700 miles later I have left 54 lbs. out there on the street. I feel so much better, and feel like a little boy every morning when I get my bike out to ride to work.

It is so easy to come up with excuses to not ride your bike. In truth most of our errands could be done on your bike.

I was riding my road bike to work but have gotten a new commuter bike that is better to ride when i have more clothes on for cold winter riding.
Most Sat. mornings my wife and I will ride down to Market st. coffee where we meet some friends of ours who bike down there too. Good coffee and something from Kirchoffs is a great way to start you Sat.

So put some baseball cards on your spokes and get out there and ride

God bless,

Bill Fox

No comments: