Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Heaven in a blanket


Thats how I describe my Grandaughter! Alexandra Rose Fox, was such a joy to hold this past week. I told her Dad , when your holding her don't you feel like the richest man on the planet. When she is awake in your arms she stares right into your face with those beautiful blue eyes and I just melt.

When it came time to come home I knew it would be hard to leave but I didn't expect to feel like this. I am soo depressed and half sick to my stomach. I just feel heartbroken and can't understand how 8lbs of little girl wrapped up in a blanket can make someone my size feel like this. When your 6ft. 4inches and 250lbs it's hard to imagine that leaving my grandaughter at the airport would make me cry. I don't know how long it takes to get back to normal but I hope it's real soon. I'm usually a happy person and know it won't be long till we get to go back at Christmas. Amanda and Jessie will get to go with us and we will all be together for Christmas.

All my friends that are Grandparents told me I wouldn't understand what they were talking about until I held my own Grandbaby. They were right and my only way to describe it-----------------Heaven in a blanket!

Fox

No comments: